Sunday, March 6, 2011


Dan is gone for 5 days starting tomorrow. For the most part, I do not fair well when he is gone. I am, however, determined to have a good attitude about the whole thing. I am truly glad that Dan is going to this year's Shepherd's Conference in California. It's gonna be awesome for him.

I went to a coffee shop today, ordered a latte, and sat down for a few minutes to write out a game plan. I do better with game plans.

Here is a copy of my list:

~I will purpose to be thankful and joyful in my interactions with my kiddos.

~I will remain in training mode where I will try my hardest to consistently discipline for disobedience instead of throwing in the towel because I am "too tired" and I am doing it all on my own.

~I will show much grace, kindness, love and compassion. I will RELAX! Stop freaking out about the dirty counters and messy bedrooms and sit on the floor and play "store" with the kids already!

~When I am about ready to blow, I will STOP, take a deep breath and smile...

~We are going go do something fun every day.

~I will wake up early before the kids each morning to get a little time and read my bible and look over this list. I need to get my day started on the right foot!

And of course, when I mess up (and there is no doubt that I will) I will confess and find forgiveness at the cross. Thank You, Lord, that there is always forgiveness in Christ.


Now that I have these in writing they must be practiced, right? I will keep you posted with the results.

Oh, and I am going to sew. I have to keep myself busy at night so I don't get the blues...I am going to sew some aprons for the kids from this fun blog.

1 comment:

  1. Your a great mom and wife! It's nice to create a list of great reminders! I Like how you mentioned the forgiveness we recieve from Christ. It's so nice to know we are forgiven even when we can't follow our "to do list" perfectly!

    ReplyDelete